In-Person course dates: April 3-4 | Registration closes: March 20 | Course fee: $475 | REGISTER NOW
Next In-Person course dates: September 17-18 - registration opens July 2
Self-Study, online: June 4-September 6 | Registration closes by May 21 | Course fee: $475 | REGISTER NOW | You will receive additional information via email regarding your individual access to the online portal. Your access to the online materials will close 3 months after the start of the course. You will receive a printed booklet of the presentation materials to the mailing address you provide during registration.
Mailing address outside of the United States? Please contact Heather Cooper to arrange for a booklet to be sent to you. You will not automatically receive a printed booklet if your mailing address is outside of the U.S.
Build a strong cheesemaking foundation and learn the basics of cheese science from Center for Dairy Research experts. This course will cover basic cheese manufacturing science, principles of moisture and pH, basic mathematical calculations commonly used by cheesemakers, and common government regulations. This course qualifies as a prerequisite for CDR’s advanced cheesemaking courses.
- Learn the basics of milk composition and milk quality.
- Understand basic microbiology that affects milk and dairy products.
- Explore typical milk and dairy product processing equipment found in most dairy plants.
- Learn about fundamental regulatory rules that apply to milk and dairy products.
- Understand the cheesemaking steps and learn ways to be a better cheesemaker.
- Participate in a hands-on cheesemaking lab (in-person course) or view cheesemaking videos (self-study course)
Lindsey O’Brien - CDR technical course contact
Contact with questions on course content or if this course is right for you.
Certificate of Completion
Certificates will be printed and issued in-person on the final day of each course for all in-person courses. Online participants will receive an electronic certificate when all course components are complete and within 1 month of the close date of the course. Electronic certificates are emailed to the address used during registration.