Wisconsin DBIA State Collaborators - Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
Economic Development Financing and Resources
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP)
- Contact: Krista Knigge, Administrator – Division of Agricultural Development, 608-224-5142,
- Dairy Processor Grants - foster innovation, improve profitability, sustain long-term viability of WI dairy processing facilities, for licensed WI dairy processing plants, engaged in pasteurizing or manufacturing dairy products, or processing dairy products for sale or distribution, make operational improvements, improve profitability, and/or involve new process or innovation, requires 20% match, up to $50,000.
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grants - increase awareness and consumption of locally-produced foods and strengthen WI ag and food industries, organizations in operation for 2+ years including farms, value-added food businesses, processors, growers associations, farmer coops, schools/institutions, food service operations, non-profits, 1:1 match required, 2-year projects, $5,000-$50,000.
- Division of Ag Development – WI Farm Center – Hotline: 800-942-2474, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Helping farmers with financial planning, mediation, herd-based diagnostics, and more; connecting farmers and families to mental health resources; dairy development
- Contact: Norm Monsen, 608-225-5135
WI Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Business and Community Development Division, domestic programs – grants, loans, tax credits.
- Diverse Business Development Division
- Contact: Seyoum Mengasha, Diverse Business Development Director, 608-210-6880
SBA 504 Certified Development Corporations (CDCs)
- Wisconsin Business Development – Madison
- Business Lending Partners – Sturtevant, Racine & Green Bay
- TCM Certified Dev. Company – St. Paul (covers a number of Wisconsin’s northwestern counties)
Workforce Agency - Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- Post open positions in your company, wage rates, wage subsidy programs, employee handbook information, training program subsidies, regulatory requirements for hiring employees
Exporting Dairy Product Resources
- Identifies export opportunities around the world for Wisconsin’s agricultural companies and producers, economic development consultants provide technical expertise and market development, export education, company consultations, buyers’ missions, trade missions, trade shows and trade show enhancement services, export marketing funding
- WEDC Global Network - industry, product and market assessments; Partner search, meeting facilitation, custom projects
- Global Business Development Grants
- Contact: Heidi Rabeneck, Outreach Program Manager, Professional Education Programs and Services
- International Market Access Grants (IMAG) – $10,000/year/company, $15,000 upon completion of the program (additional to the $10,000 IMAG based) for company graduates of the Exportech program.
- State Trade Export Partnership (STEP, SBA funds through WEDC) – supports trade missions, international trade show pavilions - $205,000 FY 2021-22.
- Collaborative Market Access Grant (CMAG) - $90,000 FY 2021 – support e-commerce entry and expansion in China