Making Consistent, Quality Cheese with Membrane Concentrated Milk
This short course is intended for dairy processors that currently use UF milk or are considering using UF milk for cheesemaking. Through hands-on labs and applicable lectures participants will learn how to handle the unique challenges presented by UF milk. Specifically, this course will address:.
1. The benefits of UF milk in cheesmaking.
2. The economics and mass balances of using UF milk for cheesemaking.
3. Basic design and operation of a UF system for milk used in cheesemaking.
4. How to achieve the correct and consistent UF milk composition for cheesemaking.
5. The changes that need to be made to make procedures when using UF milk to ensure a consistent, high quality product.
6. Common cheese defects that can result from the use of UF milk for cheesemaking and what adjustments can be made to avoid these issues.
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the program starts at 8:00 a.m.
Each student should bring the course confirmation to the workshop.
Lodging is not included in the registration fee. Make your lodging reservation directly with the hotel/motel you select. As a convenience, each of the following hotels will hold a block of rooms for this course. Rooms will be sold on a first-come basis. Shuttle service is provided at both hotels.
Hotel information will be posted soon.
Campus Map | University of Wisconsin–Madison
1605 Linden Drive
CALS Conference Services
640 Babcock Drive
Phone: 608-263-1672 | Fax: 608-262-5088