Making Consistent, Quality Cheese with Membrane Concentrated Milk
December 11-13☼ Registration is now open.
This short course is intended for dairy processors that currently use UF milk or are considering using UF milk for cheesemaking. Through hands-on labs and applicable lectures participants will learn how to handle the unique challenges presented by UF milk. Specifically, this course will address:.
1. The benefits of UF milk in cheesmaking.
2. The economics and mass balances of using UF milk for cheesemaking.
3. Basic design and operation of a UF system for milk used in cheesemaking.
4. How to achieve the correct and consistent UF milk composition for cheesemaking.
5. The changes that need to be made to make procedures when using UF milk to ensure a consistent, high quality product.
6. Common cheese defects that can result from the use of UF milk for cheesemaking and what adjustments can be made to avoid these issues.
Cost: 850.00 | Location: Babcock Hall, Room 205 | Register On-line & Payment
Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. and the program starts at 8:00 a.m.
Each student should bring the course confirmation to the workshop.
Lodging is not included in the registration fee. Make your lodging reservation directly with the hotel/motel you select. As a convenience, each of the following hotels will hold a block of rooms for this course. Rooms will be sold on a first-come basis. Shuttle service is provided at both hotels.
Hotel information will be posted soon.
DoubleTree 525 West Johnson Street, 608-251-5511
Special rates: $129 single & double (plus 14.5% taxes). Group rate code: CQC. Cut off date: November 10th.
The Madison Concourse Hotel One West Dayton Street, 800-356-8293
Special rates: $149 single & double (plus 14.5% taxes). Group rate code: Making Consistent, Quality Cheese with Concentrated Milk. Cut off date: November 13th.
Campus Map | University of Wisconsin–Madison
1605 Linden Drive
CALS Conference Services
640 Babcock Drive
Phone: 608-263-1672 | Fax: 608-262-5088
Register On-line & Payment