Cheesemaking 101 What a Licensed Cheesemaker Should Know - IN-PERSON
This course will be IN-PERSON at Babcock Hall on the UW-Madison Campus.
You must register before August 28th.
Don’t miss this opportunity to build a strong cheesemaking foundation. Learn the basics of cheese science from Center for Dairy Research experts. This on-demand workshop will cover basic cheese manufacturing science, principles of moisture and pH, basic mathematical calculations commonly used by cheesemakers, and common government regulations. Get all your questions answered. This course is a prerequisite for CDR’s new Advanced Cheese Technology Course.
- Fundamentals of cheesemaking
- Prep and care of equipment
- Testing and grading of milk and dairy products
- pH control
- Common defects and how to overcome them
- Cheese science primer
- Laws related to cheesemaking
- Relevant mathematical problems related to plant operations