Cheesemaking 101 What a Licensed Cheesemaker Should Know - On Demand
This course is being offered “On-Demand.” Participants will be able to take the course at their own pace starting on June 22nd. You must register before June 13th.
The course materials and recordings will be available online until December 15, 2021.
Don’t miss this opportunity to build a strong cheesemaking foundation. Learn the basics of cheese science from Center for Dairy Research experts. This on-demand workshop will cover basic cheese manufacturing science, principles of moisture and pH, basic mathematical calculations commonly used by cheesemakers, and common government regulations. Get all your questions answered. This course is a prerequisite for CDR’s new Advanced Cheese Technology Course.
- Fundamentals of cheesemaking
- Prep and care of equipment
- Testing and grading of milk and dairy products
- pH control
- Common defects and how to overcome them
- Cheese science primer
- Laws related to cheesemaking
- Relevant mathematical problems related to plant operations