Wisconsin DBIA State Collaborators - Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
- Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP)
- Contact: Krista Knigge, Administrator – Division of Agricultural Development, 608-224-5142,
- Dairy Processor Grants - foster innovation, improve profitability, sustain long-term viability of WI dairy processing facilities, for licensed WI dairy processing plants, engaged in pasteurizing or manufacturing dairy products, or processing dairy products for sale or distribution, make operational improvements, improve profitability, and/or involve new process or innovation, requires 20% match, up to $50,000.
- Buy Local, Buy Wisconsin Grants - increase awareness and consumption of locally-produced foods and strengthen WI ag and food industries, organizations in operation for 2+ years including farms, value-added food businesses, processors, growers associations, farmer coops, schools/institutions, food service operations, non-profits, 1:1 match required, 2-year projects, $5,000-$50,000.
- Division of Ag Development – WI Farm Center – Hotline: 800-942-2474, Email: email@example.com
- Helping farmers with financial planning, mediation, herd-based diagnostics, and more; connecting farmers and families to mental health resources; dairy development
- Contact: Norm Monsen, 608-225-5135
WI Economic Development Corporation (WEDC)
- Business and Community Development Division, domestic programs – grants, loans, tax credits.
- Diverse Business Development Division
- Contact: Seyoum Mengasha, Diverse Business Development Director, 608-210-6880
SBA 504 Certified Development Corporations (CDCs)
- Wisconsin Business Development – Madison
- Business Lending Partners – Sturtevant, Racine & Green Bay
- TCM Certified Dev. Company – St. Paul (covers a number of Wisconsin’s northwestern counties)
Workforce Agency - Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
- Post open positions in your company, wage rates, wage subsidy programs, employee handbook information, training program subsidies, regulatory requirements for hiring employees
Wisconsin Department of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP), Division of Agricultural Development
- Business planning and possible grant availability
- Contact: Norm Monsen, 608-224-5135,
- Organic Certification Cost Share Program helps farmers and processors pay for organic certification. Funding comes from the federal government, and the program is administered through DATCP.
International Agribusiness Center - Identifies export opportunities around the world
- Identifies export opportunities around the world for Wisconsin’s agricultural companies and producers, economic development consultants provide technical expertise and market development, export education, company consultations, buyers’ missions, trade missions, trade shows and trade show enhancement services, export marketing funding
- WEDC Global Network - industry, product and market assessments; Partner search, meeting facilitation, custom projects
- Global Business Development Grants
- Contact: Heidi Rabeneck, Outreach Program Manager, Professional Education Programs and Services
- International Market Access Grants (IMAG) – $10,000/year/company, $15,000 upon completion of the program (additional to the $10,000 IMAG based) for company graduates of the Exportech program.
- State Trade Export Partnership (STEP, SBA funds through WEDC) – supports trade missions, international trade show pavilions - $205,000 FY 2021-22.
- Collaborative Market Access Grant (CMAG) - $90,000 FY 2021 – support e-commerce entry and expansion in China
- Contact: Adam Brock, Director of Food Safety, Quality and Regulatory Compliance, 608-575-9585
Recall Program Contacts
- FDA Regional Coordinator (MN, SD, WI): Kristine Zuroski, 612-758-7120
- Wisconsin State Coordinator: Jim Beix, 608-224-4665
- Dairy Services - Helping dairy producers and processors with licensing requirements, technical assistance, and more.
- Licensing: firstname.lastname@example.org, Mark Lehman, Brian Jorata, or and Carol Johnson, (608) 224-4923
- Grade A dairy program: DATCPDFSMSRO@wisconsin.gov
- Dairy Promotion Resources
- Wisconsin Dairy Promotion
- Wisconsin Dairy Product Promotion
- Spokesperson Training Center
WI Dept of Agriculture, Trade and Consumer Protection (DATCP)
- Confectionery, fruits and vegetables, general food and dairy, dairy foods, dairy plant, food applications lab, food safety and health, frozen dessert center, meat HACCP, nutritional bar manufacturing, pilot plant, sensory lab
University of Wisconsin-Platteville
- Product Development Contact: Tera Montgomery, Business, Industry, Life Science and Agriculture, 608-342-6027
University of Wisconsin-River Falls
- Dairy Plant, Industry Outreach, Dairy Plant Rental, Process Engineering
- Contact: Michelle Farner, Dairy Pilot Plant Manager, 715-425-4161
University of Wisconsin-Stout
- Market research, prototyping, start-up funding options, industry connections, objective feedback and information, 3 fully functional test kitchens, experimental foods lab, food production management, sensory evaluation lab, research lab, food processing lab, dietetic assessment lab, human performance lab
- Contact: Dr. Taejo Kim, 715-232-2519